A training course designed to help professionals, enthusiasts and beginners understand how to assess and judge the quality and style of a beer. This knowledge can be used to enhance the experience and enjoyment of tasting beer as well as preparing judges in beer competitions for the processes and standards required.
Course objectives: To develop delegate's:
- Understanding and correct use of beer terminology
- Awareness of inappropriate flavour characteristics
- Ability to identify key beer styles
- Ability to discriminate amongst beers of the same style
Which enables you to:
- Assess and accurately communicate beer characteristics
- Identify key flavour faults within beers
- Guide others and make good beer choices
- Judge beers against appropriate style criteria and select a worthy "winner"
Course benefits - Will enhance the experience and enjoyment of tasting beer as well as preparing judges in beer competitions for the processes and standards required.
*Please note you must have passed the Foundation course in order to attend the How to Judge Beer course.